Tena is a city in the Napo Province of Ecuador. It is located in the Amazon rainforest, at an altitude of 900 meters (2,950 feet). Tena is a popular tourist destination, known for its natural beauty, its indigenous culture, and its adventure activities.
The city of Tena is surrounded by rainforest, and there are many opportunities for hiking, biking, and swimming. There are also a number of waterfalls in the area, including the Pailón del Diablo (Devil’s Cauldron), which is a popular tourist attraction.
Tena is also home to a number of indigenous communities, including the Kichwa and Shuar peoples. These communities offer visitors a chance to learn about their culture and way of life. There are also a number of museums in Tena that focus on indigenous culture.
In addition to its natural beauty and indigenous culture, Tena is also a great place to enjoy adventure activities. There are a number of tour operators in Tena that offer white-water rafting, kayaking, and canyoning. There are also a number of hiking trails in the area that lead to waterfalls, lakes, and viewpoints.
Tena is a vibrant and exciting city with something to offer everyone. Whether you are interested in nature, culture, or adventure, you are sure to find something to enjoy in Tena.
What to do in Tena
Here are some of the things you can do in Tena:
- Visit the Pailón del Diablo waterfall.
- Go white-water rafting on the Napo River.
- Hike to the Cocha Runa Lake.
- Visit the Cotopaxi National Park.
- Learn about the Kichwa and Shuar indigenous cultures.
- Visit the Tena Market.
- Enjoy the nightlife in Tena.
Tips for your visit
Here are some tips for visiting Tena:
- The best time to visit Tena is during the dry season, which runs from June to September.
- Tena is located in the Amazon rainforest, so it is important to be prepared for hot and humid weather.
- The city is very walkable, but buses and taxis are also available.
- Tena is a safe city, but it is always a good idea to be aware of your surroundings and take precautions against petty theft.
- Spanish is the official language of Ecuador, but English is widely spoken in Tena.
- Tena is a great place to learn about Ecuadorian culture and history. Be sure to visit the many museums and historical sites in the city.
- Tena is also a great place to enjoy the outdoors. The area has many hiking trails and opportunities for white-water rafting, mountain biking, and skiing.
I hope this helps you plan your trip to Tena!
Read more about Tena: